With rapid advances and changes in information technology, it is crucial that firms adapt their business models and systems to succeed in an ever-changing technological landscape. To lead an organization through a digital transformation, employers look to individuals who understand emerging technologies and think strategically about business problems.
Digital Transformation, Drexel’s new, interdisciplinary post-baccalaureate certificate program jointly offered by LeBow College of Business and College of Computing & Informatics (CCI), is designed to train the next generation of digital innovators.
The certificate is part of a suite of five Business Information Technology certificates that can be applied toward Drexel’s Master of Science in Business Information Technology (MSBIT), also offered through LeBow and CCI. Three certificates must be completed to receive the MS degree, including our required foundational certificate in Information Technology & Management.
Digital Transformation Program Requirements
- Five-course certificate
- Courses offered through LeBow provide both practical technical and business knowledge
- Designed for students who have either a technical or business bachelor’s degree from an accredited university with relevant work experience
- Offered online or on-campus
- Graduates of the program may immediately transfer into the Master of Science in of Business Information Technology (if grade requirements are met)
Digital Transformation Certificate Program Coursework
- 5 required core courses (15 credits):
- MGMT 603: Technology Strategy
- MIS 643: Digital Platforms
- MIS 642: Emerging Technologies in Business
- MIS 653: Design Thinking and Digital Innovations
- MGMT 602: Innovation Management
Digital Transformation Admissions Requirements
- A completed application
- A four-year bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution in the United States or an equivalent international institution
- A GPA of 3.0 or higher, in a completed degree program, bachelor’s degree or above
- Official final transcripts from ALL Colleges/Universities attended
- Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) and/or the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) are not required for MSBIT
- One (1) letter of recommendation required, two (2) are suggested
- Essay/Statement of Purpose
- Current résumé
- Students must have access to a computer that meets or exceeds CCI’s computer requirements
- Additional requirements for international students
Customize Your Education with Our Business Information Technology Certificates
LeBow and CCI also offer a suite of graduate certificates to allow students to customize their education. In addition to the Digital Transformation Certificate, we offer four additional modular, stackable certificates in Business Information Technology:
- Information Systems Development: Emphasizes the process of analyzing, designing and deploying information systems.
- Information Technology & Management: Provides fundamental knowledge, business application, management and administration of information technology.
- Information Technology Strategy & Execution: Emphasizes software economics, project management, information technology planning, and strategy and execution.
- Organizational Security: Emphasizes securing business information infrastructure, cloud security, security policy, assurance and forensics.
Note: Students in the MSBIT will be required to complete the Information Technology & Management certificate in addition to two other certificates listed above.
For more information, please contact Kate Sonstein, LeBow College of Business’ associate director of graduate recruitment and admissions, at email@example.com or Matt Lechtenberg, College of Computing & Informatics’ director of recruitment, at firstname.lastname@example.org.