With rapid advances and changes in information technology, it is crucial that firms adapt their business models and systems to succeed in an ever-changing technological landscape. To lead an organization through a digital transformation, employers look to individuals who understand emerging technologies and think strategically about business problems.
The Certificate in Digital Transformation, Drexel’s interdisciplinary post-baccalaureate certificate program jointly offered by LeBow College of Business and College of Computing & Informatics (CCI), is designed to train the next generation of digital innovators.
The certificate is part of a suite of five business information technology certificates that can be applied toward Drexel’s Master of Science in Business Information Technology (MSBIT), also offered through LeBow and CCI. Three certificates must be completed to receive the MS degree, including our required foundational Certificate in Information Technology & Management.
Digital Transformation Certificate Program Coursework
5 required core courses (15 credits)
- MGMT 603: Technology Strategy
- MIS 643: Digital Platforms
- MIS 642: Emerging Technologies in Business
- MIS 653: Design Thinking and Digital Innovations
- MGMT 602: Innovation Management
Digital Transformation Admissions Requirements
- A completed application
- A four-year bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution in the United States or an equivalent international institution
- A GPA of 3.0 or higher, in a completed degree program, bachelor’s degree or above
- Official final transcripts from all colleges/universities attended
- Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) and/or the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) are not required for MSBIT
- One (1) letter of recommendation required, two (2) are suggested
- Essay/Statement of purpose
- Current résumé
- Students must have access to a computer that meets or exceeds CCI’s computer requirements
- Additional requirements for international students
Customize Your Education with BIT Certificates
LeBow and CCI also offer a suite of certificates to allow students to customize their education. In addition to the Certificate in Digital Transformation, we offer four additional modular, stackable certificates in business information technology.
Note: Students in the MSBIT will be required to complete the Information Technology & Management Certificate in addition to two other certificates.