Certificate in Information Technology and Management
With technology driving almost every industry, more and more professionals will be needed to lead at the intersection of business, information technology and management. Drexel’s new graduate Certificate in Information Technology and Management provides fundamental knowledge of the business applications and the management and administration of information technology.
An interdisciplinary post-baccalaureate certificate program jointly offered by Drexel’s LeBow College of Business and College of Computing & Informatics (CCI), the Cerificate in Information Technology and Management is designed to provide students with the knowledge and skills to manage information technology successfully in an organizational environment.
This certificate is part of a suite of five business information technology certificates that can be applied toward Drexel’s Master of Science in Business Information Technology (MSBIT), also offered through LeBow and CCI. Three certificates must be completed to receive the MS degree, including our required foundational Certificate in Information Technology and Management.
Information Technology and Management Certificate Coursework
5 required courses (15 credits)
- CT 500: Introduction to the Digital Environment
- CT 600: Cloud Technology
- CT 610: Disaster Recovery, Continuity Planning and Digital Risk Assessment
- MIS 614: Aligning IT and Operations
- MIS 625: Management of IT Operations
Information Technology and Management Admissions Requirements
- A completed application
- A four-year bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution in the United States or an equivalent international institution
- A GPA of 3.0 or higher, in a completed degree program, bachelor’s degree or above
- Official final transcripts from all colleges/universities attended Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) and/or the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) are not required for MSBIT
- One (1) letter of recommendation required, two (2) are suggested
- Essay/Statement of purpose
- Current résumé
- Students must have access to a computer that meets or exceeds CCI’s computer requirements
- Additional requirements for international students
Customize Your Education With BIT Certificates
CCI and LeBow also offer a suite of graduate certificates to allow students to customize their education. In addition to the Information Technology and Management Certificate, we offer modular, stackable certificates in business information technology.
Note: Students in the MSBIT will be required to complete the Information Technology & Management Certificate in addition to two other certificates.