As industry continues to rely on technology for systems and operations, companies are at an increasing risk of security blind spots, breaches and cyber attacks that could devastate their information infrastructure. Drexel’s new graduate certificate in Organizational Security provides broad knowledge on securing the business information infrastructure, cloud security, assurance and forensics by establishing a sound security policy.
An interdisciplinary post-baccalaureate certificate program jointly offered by Drexel’s LeBow College of Business and College of Computing & Informatics (CCI), the Organizational Security certificate trains students to secure and protect the integrity and safety of a business information infrastructure.
This certificate is part of a suite of five Business Information Technology certificates that can be applied toward Drexel’s Master of Science in Business Information Technology (MSBIT), also offered through LeBow and CCI. Three certificates must be completed to receive the MS degree, including our required foundational certificate in Information Technology & Management.
Organizational Security Program Requirements
- Five-course certificate
- Courses offered through CCI provide both practical technical and business knowledge
- Designed for students who have either a technical or business bachelor’s degree from an accredited university with relevant work experience
- Offered online or on-campus
- Graduates of the program may immediately transfer into the Master of Science in Business Information Technology (if grade requirements are met)
Organizational Security Certificate Program Coursework
- 5 required courses (15 credits):
- CT 605: Cloud Security and Virtual Environments
- CT 620: Security Policies and Governance
- INFO 517: Principle of Cybersecurity
- INFO 710: Information Assurance
- INF0 712: Information Assurance
Organizational Security Admissions Requirements
- A completed application
- A four-year bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution in the United States or an equivalent international institution
- A GPA of 3.0 or higher, in a completed degree program, bachelor’s degree or above
- Official final transcripts from ALL Colleges/Universities attended
- Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) and/or the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) are not required for MSBIT
- One (1) letter of recommendation required, two (2) are suggested
- Essay/Statement of Purpose
- Current résumé
- Students must have access to a computer that meets or exceeds CCI’s computer requirements
- Additional requirements for international students
Customize Your Education with Our Business Information Technology Certificates
CCI and LeBow also offer a suite of graduate certificates to allow students to customize their education. In addition to the Organizational Security Certificate, we offer modular, stackable certificates in Business Information Technology in:
- Digital Transformation: Focuses on preparing an organization for the rapid changes required to embrace technologies that are transforming industries.
- Information Systems Development: Emphasizes the process of analyzing, designing and deploying information systems.
- Information Technology & Management: Provides fundamental knowledge, business application, management and administration of information technology.
- Information Technology Strategy & Execution: Emphasizes software economics, project management, information technology planning, and strategy and execution.
Note: Students in the MSBIT will be required to complete the Information Technology & Management certificate in addition to two other certificates listed above.
For more information, please contact Kate Sonstein, LeBow College of Business’ associate director of graduate recruitment and admissions, at firstname.lastname@example.org or Matt Lechtenberg, College of Computing & Informatics’ director of recruitment, at email@example.com.