As industries continue to rely on technology for systems and operations, companies are at an increasing risk of security blind spots, breaches and cyber attacks that could devastate their information infrastructure. Drexel’s new Certificate in Organizational Security provides broad knowledge on securing the business information infrastructure, cloud security, assurance and forensics by establishing a sound security policy.
An interdisciplinary post-baccalaureate certificate program jointly offered by Drexel’s LeBow College of Business and College of Computing & Informatics (CCI), the organizational security certificate trains students to secure and protect the integrity and safety of a business information infrastructure.
This certificate is part of a suite of five business information technology certificates that can be applied toward Drexel’s Master of Science in Business Information Technology (MSBIT), also offered through LeBow and CCI. Three certificates must be completed to receive the MS degree, including our required, foundational Certificate in Information Technology and Management.
Organizational Security Certificate Coursework
Five required courses (15 credits)
- CT 605: Cloud Security and Virtual Environments
- CT 620: Security, Policy and Governance
- INFO 517: Principle of Cybersecurity
- INFO 710: Information Forensics
- INF0 712: Information Assurance
Organizational Security Admissions Requirements
- A completed application
- A four-year bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution in the United States or an equivalent international institution
- A GPA of 3.0 or higher, in a completed degree program, bachelor’s degree or above
- Official final transcripts from all colleges/universities attended
- Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) and/or the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) are not required for MSBIT
- One (1) letter of recommendation required, two (2) are suggested
- Essay/statement of purpose
- Current résumé
- Students must have access to a computer that meets or exceeds CCI’s computer requirements
- Additional requirements for international students
Customize Your Education With BIT Certificates
CCI and LeBow also offer a suite of certificates to allow students to customize their education. In addition to the Certificate in Organizational Security, we offer four other modular, stackable certificates in business information technology.
Note: Students in the MSBIT will be required to complete the Certificate in Information Technology and Management in addition to two other certificates.