The Lawrie Advanced Global Leadership Program provides Drexel LeBow MBA students with the knowledge and tools to assume leadership positions as early as possible in their careers. The program is designed to build students’ confidence and equip them with the skills to succeed through C-suite integration, unique curricula, and dynamic programming. It is an exclusive component and enhanced plan of study within the MBA program and is open to currently enrolled full-time and part-time students.
Launched in 2018 by J. Michael Lawrie ‘77, founder and CEO of The Lawrie Group, LLC and former chairman, president and CEO of DXC Technology, the program is focused on Lawrie’s model for assessing the value of companies and organizations.
Application & Selection Process
- Students currently enrolled in the LeBow MBA program are eligible to apply if they have completed or are enrolled in FIN 601: Corporate Financial Management by the end of the winter quarter with a minimum grade of B and a minimum GPA of 3.2. No finance background is required. Students with work experience are preferred.
- Interested students are required to take MGMT 715: Business Consulting in the winter quarter.
- At the conclusion of the MGMT 715 course, faculty and staff review student performance and conduct interviews to select Lawrie Advanced Global Leadership Fellows and scholarship recipients. Selection criteria include leadership, teamwork, presentation and communication skills, the ability to apply classroom theory to business problem solving, and evidence of professionalism and appropriate engagement in a business setting.
The Lawrie Advanced Global Leadership Program includes the following components:
- C-Suite Capstone course in the fall quarter, in conjunction with two half-day seminars with Mike Lawrie and a team of dynamic industry professionals in September and December focusing on strategy, assets, financial models, people, and culture
- FIN 605: Business Valuation course in the fall quarter
- INTB 790: International Business Seminar and Residency in the summer quarter*
- Opportunities for students to explore internships that coincide with the program
*Scholarship opportunities limited, not required for all Lawrie Advanced Global Leadership Fellows
Lawrie Advanced Global Leadership Fellows
Students selected to participate in the program receive the designation of Lawrie Advanced Global Leadership Fellows.
About Mike Lawrie
Mike Lawrie is a globally recognized business and technology leader, strategist and change-agent with proven success in transforming enterprises to create growth, new market opportunities and value for stakeholders. He is the Founder and CEO of The Lawrie Group which is a private company providing CEO consulting, business services and the management of a private equity fund. He is also the Founder, Chairman and CEO of TLG Acquisition One Corp., a publicly traded SPAC on the New York Stock Exchange.