5th Annual Urban Economic Policy Conference: Smart Cities and Urban Economic Development
Location:Gerri C. LeBow Hall
3220 Market Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104
Join Drexel University’s School of Economics and Econsult Solutions Inc. for a dynamic discussion about the development of smart cities. The development of smart cities merges urban planning with technological advances in data analytics and the internet of things. Cities such as Singapore, Amsterdam, Madrid and New York have implemented Smart City technologies and programs. Learn about how these technologies will factor into current and future economic opportunities and challenges.
Agenda: 10 - 10:15: Registration
10:15 - 10:30: Opening Remarks
10:30 - 12: Panel I: Smart Cities
- Daniel Miles, Associate Principal and Vice President, Econsult Solutions Inc.
- Mark Wheeler, Chief Information Officer, City of Philadelphia
- Joe Viscuso, Senior Vice President and Director of Strategic Growth, Pennoni
12 - 12:30: Lunch Break
12:30 - 1:30 Keynote Speaker
- Bruce Katz, Distinguished Visiting Fellow, Lindy Institute for Urban Innovation and Director, Nowak Metro Finance Lab
1:30 - 3: Panel II: Opportunity Zones
- Brittany Forman, Director, Econsult Solutions Inc.
- Leslie Smallwood-Lewis, Co-Owner, Mosaic Development Partners
- John Mondlak, Deputy Director of Development Services, Office of Planning and Development, City of Philadelphia