Board ready, “C-suite” individuals gathered at Drexel University on October 29 and 30 for the Center for Corporate Governance’s Directors Academy.
The annual event provides the educational framework to serve on public, private and nonprofit boards. The fall 2013 program, titled “Governance Challenges and Opportunities Driving the Boardroom Agenda,” was led by a number of practitioners who are thought leaders in their respective fields.
The Center for Corporate Governance was delighted to hand out the first Director Education Certificates in Corporate Governance to six participants of the Directors Academy Program who successfully met the requirements for the certification process. Through the certificate program, participants gained an in-depth understanding of the challenges and key trends taking place in today’s boardrooms through timely insights from leading executives, corporate directors, policy makers, financial services experts, and academic professionals.
The following participants received the first Director Education Certificates in Corporate Governance:
• Jonathan Corle, Principal, Corle Enterprises, LLC
• Gail Howard, Vice President of Client Relations, Liberty Business Strategies, Ltd.
• Walter Lynch, President & CEO or Regulated Operations, American Water
• Emmy Miller, Co-Founder and President, Liberty Business Strategies, Ltd.
• Lesley Tewnion, Senior Vice President – Strategy Deployment, GlaxoSmithKline
• Kellye Walker, Chief Administrative Officer and General Counsel, American Water
The next Directors Academy is being held on March 18 and 19, 2014.