Strategic Financial Management Certificate
With the rise of technology and innovation, traditional finance and accounting roles are undergoing a major transformation. The demand for skills in planning and analytics, automation, blockchain, machine learning and strategic thinking continues to grow. Accounting and finance professionals who want to lead in this new environment will need to shift from their traditional steward and compliance roles to that of a strategic business partner.
Designed for professionals in any industry with at least three years of work experience, this six-month “bootcamp style” certificate will prime you to be a strategic contributor through a focus on financial statement analysis, critical thinking, data analytics, decision making, leadership, innovation and more. There are no prerequisites for this certificate.
The certificate can be taken on its own or applied toward a Drexel LeBow MBA or master’s degree. Students will learn to cultivate a mindset of innovation and collaboration, to think critically, and to position themselves as financial thought leaders. Through interactive lectures and dynamic discussions that draw on proven theories and real-life success stories, students will acquire the skills, techniques, and strategies to launch their career to the next level.
Strategic Financial Management (SFM) Program features
The Drexel LeBow SFM Certificate is designed to teach professionals how to critically solve complex business challenges and lead during organizational change. Some key features are:
- Courses are designed and taught by faculty experts from around the globe, infused with LeBow’s distinctive 100-year history of experiential education and industry partnerships
- Combined on-campus and online class format offers flexibility and optimal learning
- Complete your certificate in as little as six months
- The certificate provides 12 total credits and course content alignment with the CMA/CGMA certification exam while expanding your skills and enhancing your career options
- The certificate can be applied toward the LeBow MBA and other master’s degrees
Who should attend?
Courses are geared to post-bachelor’s professionals with at least three years of work experience who want to advance and lead in the rapidly changing world of corporate finance.
Course content aligns with the CMA/CGMA certification exams. Credits from this program can be applied to LeBow’s MBA or master’s degrees. Develop skills in critical thinking, decision making, leadership, data analytics, financial management and more.
Program Credits and Costs
- The certificate consists of four classes for 12 credits
- Tuition per certificate is $13,668 ($1,139/credit) + $140 fee for part-time students
Application Deadlines & Requirements
- Start Fall 2022: Apply by September 1, 2022
- Start Spring 2023: Apply by March 3, 2023
- Essentials of Financial Reporting (ACCT 510)
- Financial Statement Analysis (ACCT 665) OR Comparative Financial Analysis (FIN 649)
- Corporate Financial Management (FIN 601)
Select one of the following
- Accounting Analysis and Theory (ACCT 600)
- Advanced Financial Management (FIN 602)
- Tax Basis for Decision Making (TAX 660)