Step 1 - Sign In to the Drexel Zoom Website
To take full advantage of all the features available in Zoom, it is important to activate and use your Drexel license for Zoom.
1. Browse to https://drexel.zoom.us
2. Select Sign In Standard.
3. Sign in to Drexel Connect using your Drexel credentials.
Step 2 - Install the Zoom Application
Before you can connect to a class, you will need to have the Zoom app installed on your device.
Windows 10 or macOS
- Browse to https://drexel.zoom.us/download.
- Select Download under Zoom Client for Meetings.
- Launch the installer from the download location and follow all on-screen prompts.
Apple Mobile Devices
- Launch the App Store.
- Search for Zoom.
- Download the ZOOM Cloud Meetings app.
Android Mobile Devices
- Launch the Google Play Store.
- Search for Zoom.
- Select the ZOOM Cloud Meetings option by zoom.us.
- Select Install and follow all on-screen prompts
Step 3 - Sign in to Zoom with your Drexel Account
Now that your Drexel Zoom license is active, you can use it to sign in to the Zoom app which you will use to attend your spring classes.
1. Launch the Zoom app.
2. Select Sign In.
3. Select Sign In with SSO on the right.
4. Enter drexel into the space provided and select Continue.
5. Sign in to Drexel Connect using your Drexel credentials.
6. When prompted, Open or Allow the Zoom app.
Video Tutorial: http://lebow.me/SignIntoZoom
Step 4 - Testing the Zoom Application
Before you connect to your first spring class, make sure you test that your Zoom app is correctly configured.
1. Browse to https://drexel.zoom.us/test.
2. Select Join.
3. When prompted, Open or Allow the Zoom app.
4. Follow all on-screen testing options.
Step 5 - Connect to your Zoom Courses
Now that your Drexel Zoom account is ready and your Zoom app is properly configured, you can connect to each of your face-to-face spring classes at their regularly scheduled time.
1. Browse to https://learn.drexel.edu.
2. Select SIGN IN WITH DREXEL CONNECT and sign in with your Drexel credentials.
3. Select the Webinar tab under the Course Menu.
4. Select the Zoom Classroom Link (Click Here) option.
Tips for a Successful Zoom Meeting
- Find a quiet spot, free from distractions for your class period
- Keep your microphone muted until you are ready to use it
- If you are comfortable doing so, enable your video feed so your instructor can see you
- Use the Raise Hand feature in the Participants menu to let your instructor know you have a question
- Be on time
There are numerous options available for technical support. When contacting these support agencies, it is recommended that you provide a contact phone number for a callback.
- Drexel Accounts (logon issues, multi-factor authentication, Office365)
- Email: email@example.com
- Blackboard Support (Course materials, videos, assignments, tests, etc.)
- Drexel 24/7 support: 215-895-1224
- LeBow Instructional Tech: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Business Software/vApps (SAS, JMP, MATLAB, Minitab, Stata, etc.)
- LeBow Tech: email@example.com