Finance Major Salary and Career Opportunities
Finance is fundamental for success in a wide range of business types and is integrated into a variety of career types.
What Type of Job Skills Will You Gain From an Finance Degree?
An undergraduate finance degree will provide you with the skills you need to achieve your career goals in many industries. An example of the skills this degree provides includes:
- Asset valuation
- Capital budgeting
- Financial leverage
- Working capital analysis
- Management of information systems
- Techniques for planning and controlling the operations function
What Can You Do with a Degree in Finance?
There are a multitude of jobs available to someone with a finance degree in a wide range of jobs in many different career fields.
Career Growth Opportunities for Finance Majors
Career opportunities for students studying finance include serving as a financial and credit analyst, budgeting officer and securities broker. Finance majors also have opportunities in government regulatory agencies, and the major is an excellent preparation for professional certifications, including chartered financial analyst (CFA) and certified financial planner (CFP).
Common Job Titles for Undergraduate Finance Majors
- Appraiser / Assessor
- Budget Analyst
- Buyer / Purchasing Agent
- Capital Services and Mergers Banker
- Corporate Securities Financial Analyst
- Cost Estimator
- Credit Analyst
- Financial Examiner
- Financial Manager
- Insurance Sales Agent
- Insurance Underwriter
- Investment Banker
- Loan Officer
- Management Analyst
- Private Wealth Manager / Personal Financial Planner
- Real Estate Broker / Sales Agent
- Securities Analyst
Innovative Industries in Finance
- Banking and Finance
- Government and Regulatory
- Non-profit / Foundations
- Real estate
What is the Average Salary for an Finance Major?
Drexel 2018 business administrations graduates earned an average starting salary of $60,552.
Top Job landings for Recent Drexel Finance Graduates
Recent Drexel finance majors have landed jobs at the following companies:
- Goldman Sachs
- JP MorganChase
Professional Organizations for Finance Graduates
- American Bankers Association
- Financial Management Association International
- National Association of Black Accountants
- National Association of Personal Financial Advisors
- New York Society of Security Analysts
Continuing Education Opportunities for Finance Majors
Many students also choose to continue their studies in graduate schools, pursuing such degrees as: